Call for Workshop/Seminar Submissions
The SciTS Program Committee invites submissions from individuals or groups to conduct Special Interest Workshops and Seminars, which will be held on the first day of the conference (June 12, 2017). Workshops/Sessions will be 3.5 hours or 6.5 hours in length. All topics relevant to the application of Science of Team Science approaches are welcomed, specifically with respect to training sessions that will equip SciTS investigators with tools and technical skills for data collection, analysis, or presentation in their research areas. Workshop/seminar proposals that incorporate a variety of instructional approaches (e.g. lecture, interactive discussion, hands-on exercises) and materials (e.g. slides, handouts, sample data) are strongly encouraged. We encourage workshops or seminars with a focus on methodologies including systems approaches to the field of SciTS as well as methodologies for conducting evaluation and understanding team dynamics. Furthermore, we welcome workshops and seminars that provide practical guidance for conducting and managing team science in a variety of contexts and settings, and workshops with a focus on developing team science educational and training resources.
All proposals must be submitted online. Workshop submissions are due by January 23, 2017, for consideration, and submission acceptance notifications will be sent no later than Friday, January 27, 2017. The workshop/seminar fees will be determined by the Program Committee. Workshop/seminar space is limited and it is possible that not all proposals can be accommodated.
Proposal Content and Format
Workshop/seminar proposals should include one-page summary of the workshop, including:
- Description of workshop
- Statement regarding how the workshop can benefit SciTS attendees
- Outline of proposed course materials to be distributed
- Three main objectives describing the specific skills that participants will gain from attending the workshop/seminar.
Submissions should also include the following information:
- Title of the Workshop
- Name and email of the lead instructor who will be responsible for conference correspondence
- Name of workshop/seminar instructor(s) with institutional affiliation and email address
- The intended audience for the workshop/seminar
- Maximum number of attendees per session
- Any special A/V needs
- Length of workshop/seminar (3.5 hours or 6.5 hours)