Call for Abstracts
Extended Submission Deadline: February 22, 2015
The SciTS 2015 conference planning committee welcomes your abstracts for oral papers and panel presentations, and scientific posters. The submission period is December 1, 2104 – February 22, 2015. All submissions should be made online, at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scits2015
Paper presentations provide authors the opportunity to present original work related to conference topics.
- Oral paper presentations will have 15-minute time slots and be clustered by theme into sessions that will include three individual presentations and time for questions from the audience.
Panel presentations provide authors the option to organize a panel comprising three related papers.
- Panel presentation sessions will be 90 minutes long, with 45 minutes for presentations and 45 minutes for discussion.
- A panel proposal must include an abstract summarizing the overall theme of the panel, as well as individual abstracts for each of the papers to be presented in the panel.
Lightning Round Presentations
Lightning round presentations provide authors the opportunity to share their work in brief oral presentations.
- Each presentation is limited to 10 minutes and followed by a five-minute question and answer period.
- When submitting an abstract, select the checkbox that indicates willingness to be considered for “Paper, Lightning Round, or Poster Presentation.” The Program Committee will select submissions to be included in the lightning round.
The 90-minute poster session provides an interactive forum for authors to discuss their work.
- Presenters will be assigned locations to put up their posters, which will be organized by topic.
- Poster boards and pushpins will be supplied, and posters should be attached to the boards for display.
- Presenters are encouraged to bring 1-page double-sided handouts to accompany their posters.
- Authors must submit abstracts as “Panel Presentation Only,” “Poster Presentation Only,” or “Paper, Lightning Round, or Poster Presentation.”
- Authors are encouraged to submit using the “Paper, Lightning Round, or Poster Presentation” option.
- Panel Presentations must be submitted under “Panel Only” and will not be considered for alternate formats. The number of panel presentations at the conference will be limited, so this option should be used only when an integrated research story requires multiple presentations in a single session.
- The selection committee reserves the right to propose alternative presentation formats as the scope of the final programs requires.
- All abstracts must be submitted online. The online system will be open from December 1, 2014 through February 22, 2015, at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scits2015
- Paper, lightning round, and poster abstracts are limited to one page while panel abstracts are limited to four pages. Abstracts not meeting these page limits will not be considered.
- Please specify the submission category: “Panel Presentation Only,” “Poster Presentation Only,” or “Paper, Lightning Round, or Poster Presentation.”
- All abstracts must be formatted with 0.75 inch margins all around, 11-pt font size or larger for narrative text, and 10-pt font size or larger for table and figure legends.
- Abstracts must use one of the following serif font styles: Times New Roman, Georgia, Helvetica, or Times.
- The following information must be included in the submitted abstract: presentation/panel title; all author(s)' identifying information, including names, degrees, and institutional affiliations; SciTS topic (see list of topics below); 3 to 5 keywords; and narrative text. Narrative text may include tables and/or figures providing the submission stays within page limits.
- Abstracts must be submitted as PDF files.
- Please use the following naming convention for the file name: CorAuthorLastName_First Name_Topic.pdf (ex. Smith_James_Teams.pdf).
- Refer to the template and list of SciTS Topics provided below for more information.
- Acceptance notifications will be made by March 27, 2015.
- Presenting authors are responsible for their own travel and hotel costs. There is no registration fee for the conference.
- Abstracts will be compiled and made available to participants
- Any presenter who is unable to attend should arrange for another qualified individual to present the paper/poster in question. If such a change is necessary, please notify the Conference Manager, Grace Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Corresponding Author, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country; Author #2, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country; Author #N, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country
Corresponding Author Contact Information: Person@emaildomain.edu, (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Keywords: List three to five keywords each separated by semi-colons.
Abstract: Narrative text. Tables and figures may be included provided the abstract stays within the page limit. Avoid using jargon and acronyms. Consider including the following information in the abstract, when relevant:
- Objective, problem under investigation, hypothesis or research goal
- Description of research methods
- Summary of findings
- Statement of how the research advances the SciTS field
Topics related to the study of team science include, but are not limited to:
- Big Data
- Citizen Science and Crowdsourcing
- Distributed/Virtual Teams
- Demographic Diversity on Teams
- Disciplinary Diversity on Teams
- Environmental Influences on Teams (e.g., organizational factors, physical environment)
- Evaluation of Team Processes & Outcomes
- Funding Strategies
- Innovation and Creativity
- Institutional Policies
- Leadership for Effective Team Science
- Learning & Knowledge Networks
- Inter/Transdisciplinary Approaches
- Methods for Science of Team Science Research
- Multi-level/Systems Approaches
- Multiteam Systems
- Open Science
- Organization/Management Factors
- Research Networking
- Team Assembly
- Team Composition
- Team Dynamics
- Team Macro-cognition
- Team Types/Typology
- Theory Development/Application
- Training & Professional Development
- Transdisciplinary Teams
- Translational Science Teams